Workshop on C Programming in Linux Environment
This workshop is meant for the engineering college students who wish to
develop C programming skills in the Linux environment. It is assumed that
students have already completed the C subject in their curriculam.
Students should have a laptop with Windows or Linux OS. Students can chose
either 1 day or 2 days workshop
The main objective of this workshop is to make you familiar with Linux
environment. And make you comfortable in writing simple and practical
C programs on a Linux system. After completing the workshop, one should
practice all the assignments given by taking the help of DEPIK. Finally
every student should take the DEPIK's certification test.
- connecting to DEPIK's Linux server from your laptop
- Using Linux through command line interface called shell
- Basic Linux commands
- Using vi editor
- Writing, Compiling and running C programs
- Basic C programming topics
- Illustration of statements execution with Simulator
- Practicing C programs
The second day of workshop will have more practising sessions with more
guidance for advanced assignments.